Wednesday, September 22, 2010

.. First visit to an Adelaide doctor ..

Yes, visited a doctor for the 1st time at the Adelaide City General Practice. Not sure if it is only in Australia that you have to book an appointment to see the doctor? I called yesterday and due to full slots, I can only see one this morning.

This is how the clinic looked like. The recept area with 3 admin personnels. Other then that, just about 10 chairs for patients, and then a few consultation rooms.

The meetup with the doctor wasn't very long. He asked me a few questions... Took my temp, my heartbeat, and checked my throat. Then diagnosed me with viral infection. And said that because I took so long to see the doctor, there's nothing he can do also. Asked if I want to have some anti-biotics? So he prescribed me some, and asked me to continue to take panadols to ease the pain and discomfort.

Pay so much to see a doctor and that's all they say, nothing they can do? They really are earning good money....

Anyway, then I got to go to a pharmacy to get my own medication. The clinics here don't prescribe medication. It is moment like this that made me miss Singapore even more. More 人情味?

Been sleeping almost the whole day today. Praying that will get well soon so that can get back to the normal life routine... I will be totally healed in Jesus' name!

Thanks to those who have been praying for me. Really appreciate that lots!

No comments: