Wednesday, May 12, 2010

.. Winter is coming!! ..

It is 9 degrees outside now...

SO COLD!!! I got to turn on the heater in my room. Dun really like the heater to be on cos it makes the room so dry and my throat will get so dry... But... BO BIAN!! Haha..

Winter is coming sooner I guess. Supposed to come in June but the temperature has been dropping this week!

And yah! Just wanna blog about this. Is it true that Singaporean students are generally more self-centered and so competitive? I have this fellow Singaporean course-mate I met last year, we are taking different courses but there are some similar modules we happen to take them together. There was one incident that happened last semester, and I got really a little pissed with her. Just yesterday, I sms her on an assignment that we can actually do in groups. But she stopped replying me after a sms when I asked if she has formed a group of 3 already.

I mean, come on, we are both Singaporeans, shouldn't we be more helpful to one another? I am not here to compete with you on our grades?!! Wouldn't it be good that we can do the assignment together so that we can share the load together? Or even if you have already form the group, then just reply a sms and I am perfectly OK! -_-

She didn't reply, and I also don't bother to sms her again. I can definitely do the assignment on my own and submit it as an individual assignment. It's definitely tougher, but guess it will make me better too.

Yet, on the other hand, I also shouldn't jump to conclusion.... Maybe she has some reasons that she forgot to reply me?

Whatever it is, my stand is this: My goal is not to win every other student and be the TOP student. Not that the latter is not a good goal, but perhaps not at the expense where self-centeredness creeps in, and the typical "kiasu-ism" reigns in the heart.

LIFE IS GREATER THAN THAT!

Sometimes I feel that my studies here in Adelaide is really so tough in certain ways... How good it is to have really friend-friends studying together in the same course. Can do the assignments and tutorials together. I mean, I have been such a loner for the last 2 semesters and even now!

But of course... I'm not complaining. There is a reason for all that we go through in life. I think it is really God's grace that I can survive thus far already. I am definitely learning greater independence than ever before, but also, a greater dependency on Him and Him alone.

Alright!! Just wanna get these out from my heart!

At the end of the day, GOD IS STILL VERY GOOD!! :)

I am really not good with studies. I know that. And I have witnessed how God has been bringing me through in this path towards fulfilling my degree dream.

And I am very thankful. :)

No comments: