Monday, March 02, 2009

.. School has started! ..

School has started today...

Initially I was really excited... Haha. But halfway through the lecture today, I felt sooooo sleepy! I think I did fall asleep for about a min?.. My head "dropped" and it woke me up! :P

I need to work on understanding the accent of the Aussies here.. Sometimes they speak so fast, and they are like mumbling away... I don't understand what they are saying!

I reached campus before 12pm today, I supposed to have a tutorial at 12pm. But the lecturer only came in at 1.10pm! So few of us were in the room, staring into the space most of the time. We did some self-introduction... But after that a few Aussies started chatting and they mumbled away! I really don't get what they are saying?.. I was thinking oh no.. If the lecturer also speaks like this I will be "dead"! But after a while I figured out that they were saying that for tutorial class, the 1st hour is actually for doing some exercises and the lecturer only comes in the next hour.

There were 11 students in this tutorial class today. And I am the only international student! It's really such a weird feeling!..

I really look forward to Dec.. Haha.. Wanna come back for a loooooong holiday break! I miss my family soooooooooo much. I miss being in Singapore.

Alright.. I believe it will get better!! Tomorrow is Econs lecture at 10am-12pm. Then after that I am FREE! Hee hee....

Elaine.... 加 油!!! Gambatte ! ! !

No comments: