Saturday, June 19, 2010

.. A gloomy day ..

It was raining this morning. Supposed to get up at 5am to continue my revision but once again, can't get up. Final alarm went off at 7am & I knew that I have to get up soon because I am working at 8am. Saw an incoming sms, tried opening my eyes to see who was it from.

It was from Rachel! My ex-colleague from IPB. I used to support her in account openings for her customers. We drew closer because of God. She is also a Christian and we would always be talking and sharing about God and our lives. The last time we exchanged sms was in March when I wished her on her birthday.

When I read her sms, it was such a shock. Her parents were killed by robbers in their home in Malaysia! She smsed to ask for prayers for her parents' souls & wisdom upon the police to catch the killers.

That sms got me off the bed, in a state of shock. The feeling is, indescribable.

The passage way to the toilet in the hostel seemed unusually gloomy as I made my way there to wash my face. The lights were off and the sky was darker due to the rain. It was the first time a morning appeared that gloomy to me.

Though news of such are so common in this broken-down world, it really impact differently, when the victims are the loved ones of those that we know.

This is not a dream, but a reality.

I feel so much for Rachel... It must be really devastating.

Apart from praying, I feel so loss of what I can do for her. Because even in the simplest support of physical presence, I can't even do that right now.

If you are reading this blog right now, please help me, say a prayer for Rachel and her family.

While we are limited, God is limitless. While there are things that are not within our control and we cannot do, God can.

May God bring tremendous comfort and strength to Rachel and her family right now. May our Lord Jesus shower His grace and mercy upon them right now.

Why does this have to happen? We may not know now... But let's take comfort that nothing happens in our lives without God giving permission to it.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose".

Rachel, must be strong, yea?
I am keeping you in my constant prayers...



No comments: