Saturday, June 26, 2010

.. 2nd Paper ..

Took my 2nd paper yesterday, Management Accounting, what an experience it was!

During the 10 mins reading, I took a look at the problems. Told myself, ok! I got to practice this, practise that, etc.... So when we can start writing officially, I tackled the MCQs first. After that, I moved on to the 6 problems that were worth 70 marks.

That's when I got stuck, really stuck. Suddenly all my memory left me, and my mind went blank. Maybe I was too tired? Woke up at 330am as the paper was 9am. Lesson learnt: Must have ample rest before an accounting paper!!

I tried doing Q1, then moved on to Q2. Stuck. Moved on to Q3. Totally have no idea how to go about doing it. It's about variences, and I had been practising that. But this question was totally different from what was covered in tutorials. Left it blank. Then to Q4. About Absorption Costing & Variable Costing, which I also practiced too. But can only remember part of it. Then totally skipped Q5 cos I didn't have time to cover that topic in detail. Then Q6!! I wrote in my powerpoint slides to focus on reciprocal method of costing, cos the lecturer said so! Ended up the question never asked about reciprocal method, but the other 2 methods: Direct & Step-down.

This is the 2nd time I felt so "cheated" by the lecturers. They must have forgotten what they had told the students during the lectures.

So apart from the MCQs, my paper was almost blank. Literally blank. I tried re-calling, but mind just doesn't function well. I almost, almost wanted to leave the exam hall already. Be prepared for the supp paper.

But then, decided to have another go again. Perhaps just try solving them with "Maths".

Amazingly, thoughts just flow.... I tried my very best to attempt the 5 questions. Also got "revelation" how to fill the missing info in the table in Q3 so that I can do the variences.

Though not confident, I left the exam hall with a peace in my heart. Like what the saying goes, "do our best and let God do the rest".

I prayed to God to let me pass the paper. I will be very thankful already. I scored a distinction so far in my semester test & assignment. So if I fail this course because I failed the exam, it will be so "ai wan".

The cry of my heart is just to clear everything so that I can graduate this Dec and go home!

At the end of the day, I just really want to thank God for His grace. And also to my friends for praying for me. God really moved in amazing ways, doesn't He?

When I left the hall, after collecting my bag, I started walking back to the hostel. Checked my HP and saw a sms from Wanling. She smsed to wish me all the best for my Management Accounting paper. WOW! She even remembered what paper I was taking! I saw the time, it was about 930am. Coincidentally, it was about the time I was stuck with the questions. WOW.

Thanks for your sms Wanling! Thanks for praying for me! :)

Though a very simple gesture, but it really touches me. This is something I will learn from you too! :)

1 more paper to go... Strategic Management!! The case study topic is out, gotta start doing my research soon!

Thinking, Visualizing, Believing, Speaking!

I will graduate this Dec!

I will graduate this Dec!

I will graduate this Dec!!!

No comments: