Thursday, December 02, 2010

.. The Farewell ..


Had the last Life Group meeting last evening... It was supposed to be a farewell for me, Rosadel & Rony who will be leaving at the end of the year. Rosadel had graduated and will be moving on to Darwin to work, while Rony is an exchange student and will be returning to India when the semester ends in December.

What a great night it was.... We had food (there will always be good food!!), games (I taught them the tribal game that YJ taught us many years ago... it was so fun! Thank you YJ if you are reading this! :) ), forfeit and some funny awards presentation... Then came the part that I dreaded the most and yes, the farewell......

Guess I knew that it was the last LG and I will be leaving soon, for good.... I just felt a little sad, real sad actually... Tears just started to flow naturally and though I was trying to hold them back, they still came.. Aiyoyo... As I grow older, I actually dread this kind of emotional scenario lo... Haha...

Anyway, it was really a great night.  I am thankful for the appreciation speeches that the LG people gave me... I thank God that through my sharings & the little little things that I had done, it had blessed them in certain ways. This is what that will always assure and encourage me that I have live a life worthwhile, to impact & inspire the lives of people around me, for God.

Yep, had been such a great 2 years. I am really blessed, very blessed. Though had been really challenging and made me broken in many areas, this is always true: God is interested in our character more than our comfort. I felt that in these 2 years I encountered God and knew Him in a much deeper way, more than I had ever known Him. New revelations, new understanding of His goodness and grace especially.

And also, can 1 person make a difference? Indeed definitely.  My LG leader, En Qi, is a real example. Only 25, yet her faith, her passion for God, for Oxygen ministry, for the international students really touched my heart a great great deal. A good leader can really make a whole lot of difference. And I pray by His grace, I will continue to be such a leader, and even better.

Thank you En Qi! You are really amazing!

Last night LG really ended late, very late! For the first time, we left Eva's place at close to 12 am!  Thank God En Qi and David drove all of us back home. Then when I reached hostel, finally I had the chance to talk to Audrey!.. This girl huh, has been so busy till we haven't spoke for a long long while.  But I'm glad we had a good catch-up, and also said a prayer for one another. Wow, I was really touched to see how she is growing in God. She only just came to receive Jesus into her life this year, and I always wanted to have more fellowship with her, but our time-table just doesn't fit. But God has been amazing, and has been touching her heart bit by bit, day by day. God really has His ways... Salvation is indeed in His hands.

Audrey Loo! I'm going to miss you so much!

This bidding farewell thingy really dampens my heart.... But I guess, this is what building relationships is all about. When emotions are triggered, means that sowing has been done in a person's life. This kind of relationship is much better than just "hi & bye" relationships. So I should be thankful, that we have been a part of one another's lives according to His timing, to His plan. God just make our lives so much more interesting, so much more meaningful, isn't He? :)

Last but not least, I also want to thank God that I am able to give Getting Started BS to Eva & Ann. My oh my... there is just such joy for me whenever I can give BS to teach the Word! They felt blessed by the lessons, I felt even more blessed to be sharing! Though it's going to be kinda rush... got to finish the remaining 8 lessons in 2 weeks' time, I pray that we will indeed finish the series and they will have a stronger foundation in God. It's always so encouraging to see young people like them to be hungry for more of God!


3 weeks remaining in Adelaide! Excited for the next phrase of my life.... Though things seems uncertain for now, I'm sure God will guide and lead my steps. Because He is a good God. :)

No comments: