Sunday, October 31, 2010

.. Oxygen Appreciation & Farewell ..

We had the last OXYGEN meeting of the year last night in the new city campus at Currie Street. I knew that it was a farewell meeting, and had totally no idea about it being an appreciation night too.

Initially I thought it will be the few of us who will be leaving at the year of the year, standing together and the people saying a prayer for us! But then they did it separately!

And I was the FIRST one to be called out!

Aiyoyo.... So pai seh.  :P

Anyway, Ern Chee & Janice came and stood beside me to give a thanksgiving & encouraging speech. And Xiao Wen led the people to say a prayer for me. It was a great prayer! I felt really blessed, touched & loved! Got some gifts... The one I love the most is the lovely flowers from the LG! :)

I honestly feel that I have not done much in this ministry, as much as I could.  Had a rather tough time adapting to the different culture & style in Paradise & Oxygen in the very beginning.... but things really changed after Ern Chee became the leader of our combined LGs. Her passion for God and for this ministry really inspires me. We need people like that to keep stirring the fire within one another! That is why it is so true that there can never be a lone-ranger Christian. That is why we need to belong to a church, to a cell group, and have a group of close friends who are like-minded. Passion for Christ is contagious! :)

I also find myself loving Paradise more as I begin to learn to appreciate the differences in church culture.

Culture is really a BIG issue. In the business world, knowing and appreciating the culture in the different countries will determine whether an international business can survive & thrive in these countries. I realized that it is really the same in the church context.

So.... as much as Oxygen & Northrington LG appreciate me, I really also appreciate the things I had learnt through the pastors in Paradise, and the people in Oxygen & Northrington LG. I wish I had done more for them....

Life is not about regrets. It's about moving on. Learning from the different experiences and lessons that God brings us through daily.

Thank you Paradise. Thank you Oxygen. Thank you Northrington LG.

Thank You God, for placing me in this great church & ministry in Adelaide. I'll always remember how I went to visit the different churches when I first came, deciding which church to be planted in. And You indeed directed my steps & brought me to Paradise...

There's nothing much I want to ask for.... except that God to really help me in my weaknesses & flaws.

I hope that I will indeed be able to be a better CGL by His grace. Help me to be a better communicator and preacher of the WOG. Help me to be able to minister to the people. Help me in..... so much so much more.

No comments: