Sunday, October 17, 2010

.. Everything Beautiful in its Time ..

Had finally finished the ethics assignment!!! Not too sure if I did it correctly though.... but it's my best effort, and I shall leave it to God's grace..

One more assignment to go!  And a presentation!

Anyway, wanna take some time to blog this cos it's a significant day for Paradise South/City Church today! :)

Brief history...  The South/City Church was started 5 years ago, in the heart of Adelaide.  There wasn't any church building, so the church has been moving around for the last 5 years.  When I first attended church service, it was rotating between Adelaide High School and UniSA west campus.  Then it moved to the Irish Club, and then Hilton Hotel this year.  Initially a rental was arranged with somewhere in Franklin Street, but things always did not get finalised, and no approval from the City Council.

I guess the frustration among the church pastors was really there...  It is always better to have a fixed, permanent place for church services.  So that people don't turn up at the wrong place as well.

Anyway, to cut the story short!!  Just last week Pastor Ashley came and announced to us a great piece of news!  And that is the Word Bookshop is moving out, and through God's prompting, the pastors just went in to ask for leasing the property.... and the "strippers" were almost about to tear down the shelves, fixtures, cafe and kid's playroom!  The amazing thing is right now, we have gotten "our" place to hold service for the next 5 years, and the place really has great facilities!  The Word Bookshop agrees to keep the facilities so that we can use it.  So now we do not just have a place, we have a place with the necessary facilities!

God is really amazing!  He moves in ways that we can never imagine indeed.  Always higher, always greater! :)

This is the "main" audi.  Wonder how it will look like after all the setting up is done!

 The cafe!  Imagine how much the church saves without having to build a brand new cafe!  The coffee machine, fridge, etc etc are all there!

The kid's playroom! Can let Sam Sam play when he comes in Dec! HAHA...













It is really an amazing testimony.  Reminds me just like how CHC got our church land and building.  From JW... to Expo... and the coming SUNTEC CITY!

Pastor Jane shared something that is really good today as she led us in dedicating the place to God.

Everything is indeed made beautiful and perfect in God's timing.

She shared that they have been praying and seeking and praying and seeking...  in fact, the church has been praying....  at least for the last 2 years since I came.  and when it takes so long and the Franklin St deal hasn't come through, and the peace of God just isn't in their hearts...

What they didn't know is that, God has already prepared this place for them...  the Word Bookshop.  Located at Currie Street, a location so much better than Franklin St.  With nearer proximity to Chinatown and Rundle Mall.  Many carparking options around.  HAHA.

What they didn't know is that, God KNOWS that WHEN the Word Bookshop is moving out, and has reserved such a time for a moment like this.

Instead of a place where they have to start building everything from scratch, now, God has blessed the church a much better place, so much better!

WOW!  What an amazing God we are serving right!  It takes indeed FAITH... and PATIENCE that will obtain the promises of God!

I am really blessed today.  Cos Pastor Jane also somehow spoke to my heart...  I have always been somehow feeling frustrated that...  I felt I am so far away from my purpose in God.  I wondered when will I be able to really live my life to the fullest for God.  I really want to live out my life purpose.  I am already 30!!

But today, I am reminded that...  Everything is indeed made perfect, and beautiful in His timing.  Not mine. :)

I will continue to hold on to the promises of God... and believe that I will be doing what He has called me to do.  In the time to come.  :)

YEAH!  So I am very full on now.....  Just wanna clear the last assignment and the last presentation so that I can start preparing for exams!

I KNOW I WILL GRADUATE THIS DECEMBER!!  :D

WOOOHOOOO!

God is good!  And I really want to be like Jacob.  Like what Pastor Kong preached today...  not to be a supplanter, but to have such a spiritual hunger for more of GOD!

I miss CHC!  I miss my family back home....  I miss my church!

Paradise is great!  I learnt a lot from the people here....  it really reminds me to going back to the basics.

2 more months in Adelaide...  Time really flies.

Thank God for everything...  Though it has not been smooth-sailing, that's what it is all about.  It's not a bed of roses!  But He will build us to go above the circumstances we are in.

In God indeed...  I PUT MY TRUST!

1 comment:

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

Haha Elaine!

This is really an encouraging post :) everything is beautiful in it's time.. Reminds me of the song by Corrine may..

I have been reflecting on this too recently. The more I don't understand why are things happening in a certain way in my life.. The more I realize He has a master plan unrevealed! A finale unshown. A ingenious masterplan unfolding..

I think ya presence in Adelaide also have been a huge encouragment to us Elaine.. To live our dream and not give up. :)

Jia you Er Jie!