Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE KAPLAN'S SERVICE STANDARDS!!!

I just really want to blog about this!!!

My certificate & transcripts, by right, should be ready & given to me in FEB this year. Due to some unknown reasons (which they didn't really explain), it is not ready, and now is already MAY 2009. Nvm. The program manager emailed and said that it is ready for collection. My kind sister helped me to go down to Kaplan @ Cuppage to collect the C&T last week, BUT, the program manager was NOWHERE to be found and COULD NOT be contacted. The customer service person advised my sister to go down another day and of course my sister refused to! Why should she make the trip down again when Kaplan's people are just so inefficient & irresponsible???????

The customer service person quickly offered courier service to my sister, said that she will arrange with the program manager to courier the C&T to her. Wow, I thought not bad, at least they are doing something about it. Give them some credits. BUT TO MY HORROR, MY SISTER HAS NOT HEARD FROM THEM SINCE THAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is happening to the service standards???? And I just cannot believe again & again we have to be made so FRUSTRATED by this silly KAPLAN!!!!!!

I am ok now. Just want to voice out!! I really hope they will do something about their service standards if they really want to survive longer in this competitive world.

I just hope I can get my C&T soon so that I NEVER have to deal with Kaplan EVER again.

Sorry to trouble you Jie Jie...........

1 comment:

Shashi N said...

Hi Mate...this is shashi here. planning to join Kaplan soon ( Masters) just wanted to check with you regarding the teaching and value for the degree providing by Kaplan. Plese help me by passing this information. Thanks - shashi