Wednesday, March 24, 2010

.. Matthew 6:33 ..

Madeline posted a really good post in FB last night and I was really so blessed after reading it! So decided to put it over here to, (1) set a good reminder to myself, and (2) may those who read this post be so encouraged & inspired by it! :)

Dr Paul Kim came yest night to share with us about his experiences as a Christian and how God helped him through his years of work and ministry. From nothing to today, he is worth US$2billion. He came from a legal background. He is also the Executive Vice President of Korea Technology Investment Corporation. His success in the technology industry led him to be called the 'technology deal maker' between Korea and the Silicon Valley, in John Naisbitts best seller 'Megatrends Asia.'

Dr. Kim is also an elder for Yoido Full Gospel Church in Seoul Korea and head elder of Jubilee Christian Center. He followed Dr Yonggi Cho for a while as his interpretator, going round the world to preach the gospel.

He shared that his life message is Mat 6:33 - i.e. when you seek first Kingdom of God and His righteousness, everything that we need will be added on to us. Indeed when you seek Him first and do right in His eyes, God will bless you with what you need. And I know he has paid a price for following God. Obedience is really not easy and not everyone of us can submit to His timing. I was most touched by his sharing on how he and his wife want to build God a house, that both of them decide not to get their own house until the house of God is being built. And it really took a while for them to build the house of God with some challenges here and there. Finally they bought their own house and it cost about US$1.5million or 15 million (I can't recall this part). Guess what, after furnishing the house, he actually sold the house at 660million! No joke! I hope I didn't heard wrongly! But even if I heard wrongly and reduce the amount to 66million, it is still a great blessing from God!

He then shared his secret to the success of his prosperity.. i.e. (1) be generous about giving your life and money to others. If u want mercy, you have to sow mercy. If you want money, you need to sow money. (2) Live a life of excellence. (3) Work Hard. be an expert in your industry.

I am really encouraged by him. Incidentally, Mat 6:33 is also my life mission and I also believe living a life of generosity to be a blessing to others; to live of life of excellence and work hard.

I came home and googled on Dr Kim. To my pleasant surprise, the investment company that he has founded is called Parakletos Venture. Parakletos is a greek word which means Holy Spirit as our helper! So spiritual! Really boosted my faith to do something great in the marketplace.... and still boldly declare to people that it is a christian organization. My desire is to set up a women ministry in the marketplace... to speak to thousands of women in women's conferences.... So i am just so excited now.

Truly, as what Mat 6:33 says, when we seek Him first and all His righteousness, everything we need will be added on to us!

I will think about it, visualize it, believe and start to confess that it will come to pass!


Wow!! What a post!! And I am thankful that she took the time & effort to type these out and share with me. I really miss leaders' meeting like this! :)

Matthew 6:33 is also a core foundation of my life. It is in the DNA of every City-Harvester. There is still so much that I have to work on in applying this principle in my life. This post is really a great encourager and reminder to me!

3 things that I really want to work on:

1. Be generous about giving my money & life to other. Now, as a student, I find myself really limited in finances. But I want to believe God that after I graduate this year, I will experience a breakthrough in my career like never before. I want to be in a place where I can really give and bless financially to people whom God touches me to bless. Especially to my family & loved ones.. I want to express my love in terms of my giving. We can give without loving but we can never love without giving!

2. Live a life of excellence. YES I WILL and I believe in living this kind of life!!

3. Work hard. Be an expert in your industry. WOW!! This is really inspiring!

Now I am working really hard here. I am thankful for the more hours given to me to work. But I need to get the momentum started in my studies too!.. Assignments due dates are approaching and I have not start any of them! Ooopss!!!

We can indeed never out-give God. Let's apply Matt 6:33, let's always remind ourselves to put God first. We do not have to chase after success & wealth & etc etc.... Let them come after us!

No comments: