Sunday, January 11, 2009

.. My colleagues @ MDH ..

Took some pictures with my NEW canon camera last week!.. :P

These are some of my colleagues @ MDH (MacDonald House)

Irene and Lynn
(My lovely neighbors at my left & right)

Irene and me with Rachel (a BDM whom I support in my daily work)..
She's a very nice lady! :)

Oh, she was the one who cracked the "Obama" joke recently.
Rachel's dad is a Malaysian, mum's a Taiwanese, and she studied her degree in USA. So, she spoke with an accent. When I first knew her, I thought she was a Taiwanese. So, I'm actually half correct. :P

Anyway, the "Obama" joke was this...

She came to me and Irene that day, and exclaimed very excitedly, "我爸妈当选总统了!我爸妈当选总统了!".. I paused, trying to absorb what I had just heard. Inside my mind I was thinking, her parents were elected as Presidents? Didn't really hear from her sharing before that her parents were going for any election leh??...

Then it just dawned upon me, she meant OBAMA lah!

哈 哈 哈!! We had a good laugh!

Anyway, she is really a supporter of OBAMA! Her desktop picture is in fact, OBAMA! :)


Irene and me with Thye Foong (another BDM whom I support too)..
Irene says he looked like a 大老板 in this picture.. hee hee..

Thye Foong can speak very good Japanese! Once I walked past his desk, and heard him speaking to his Japanese client on the phone in very fluent Japanese! Wow. Later I found out that he stayed in Japan for a couple of years previously, and his wife is a Japanese! :)

I think it is indeed a strength to know a foreign language. So I told Ah Wen to learn her Japanese language well... it will definitely benefit her in the future!

There are a few other colleagues in MDH... Very nice people too....

I think I will miss working with them... But, I still thank God that our paths crossed, in this season of my life. :)

No comments: