Monday, October 27, 2008

.. We WON the GOLD!! ..

Yeah!! We (IPB) won the GOLD in the Citi Netball Euphoria 2008! =) =) =)

It was such a SWEEEEEETT victory!

For the last 3 years, there is this team in Citi, that many of the other teams in Citi just do not like... maybe it's the arrogant nature that they displayed??.. Hmmm. Maybe they are actually nice people? Well. Guess it's the kind of impression they gave...

This year, they came back stronger, with a new GA who is quite accurate with her shooting. In fact, they even engaged a personal coach! Wow. Sure we did feel a little intimidated. For us, we just did practices on our own.. But I guess the weekly friendly trainings with ESPN team helped us, cos we (the whole team of girls) played with the team which comprises of 3-4 guys! Playing against the guys definitely made it so much tougher cos they are faster, taller and more aggressive than us!

Anyway, in the semi-final first match, we played against GCB (my former dept). It was like a friendly match, where both teams just had fun and enjoyed playing. We won the game 21-1.

Then we watched the next game, ITO vs ICG (which is the team all of us disliked :P) ... Something that still remains in this team is this, they are still so rough & aggressive! I remembered last year when my team (GCB) played against them, I played the shooter and this defender just kept tagging to me, shoving her arm around my waist when I did not even have the ball. After a while, i "buay tahan" and I asked her, "Can you stop doing that?".. And you know what she did? She simply "bo-chap" me. **BOILED** >_<

Anyway, we won that game 9-7!! Close match! Eventually we won silver in that competition cos we lost to IPB in the final! Lol..

Back to that ITO vs ICG game, ICG won that game by a close margin. So we knew it would be an IPB vs ICG 1st & 2nd placing final! Many people came to us and told us we MUST win that game cos they just cannot stand that team!.. :O

The game started!.. The GS whom I was guarding irritated me sooooooo much. She kept pushing me when I was standing somewhere below the pole waiting for the rebound if the GA missed the goal. I was being pushed a few cm away from where I originally stood. *BOILED*.. We were leading 3-1 when the 1st quarter ended.

The 2nd & 3rd quarters were so close!.. By the time 3rd quarter ended, the score was 6-6! Nervous man!!.. But really thank God, because the umpires Citi employed were really professionals. In fact, one of them was Mr Liew, who happened to be Wen Wen's netball coach in her Pioneer JC days. At least the game was played much fairer because the umpires really did a great job. Many fouls, steppings, dragging, etc were being faulted. In fact, the GA from the other team really 不甘愿 and she made many remarks about the umpires. Then we heard Mr Liew told her off and said, "GA, you keep your comments to yourself. Leave the umpiring to the umpires." .. Wow! We went "YEAH" on the inside of us man! :P

4th quarter started!!.. The SUN was still burning above us. We made some changes to the line-up. Jamie played GA and Audrey took back Centre. Guess the change made ICG confused a little bit. And yeah! Jamie put in few goals! Eventually we won the game 10-7! When the final whistle was blown, we went "YEEEAAHHH"... and we went running & hugging one another. Ha. Very drama right. But guess all of us were just SOOOoOOo happy. What a SWEEEET victory.

But I got to leave early for CGM. Didn't manage to wait for the prize presentation.. I wonder how the medal looked like this year? Hee... 2 years ago i got a bronze medal. Last year, silver medal. This year! Gold medal! :)

Now I am still smiling away... Wahaha...

Thank God for this VICTORY!! :)

No comments: