Thursday, October 16, 2008

。。 我的大学梦想 。。

Went for netball practice just now. Good time of de-stress. Had a rather disappointing week, but I guess this work-out was really good. Netball competition is ON next Sat!.. And I hope my new team can retain the championship! Yeah!..

Hair is still wet!.. So I shall take this time to BLOG!

Hmmm. Very disappointed with the way Kaplan handled my case, and I really felt unjustified. This was what they wrote in the email:

"We would like to inform you that without further evidences of miscommunication on our part, we will not be able to give you any special rebates or discounts or refunds for the A.Dip modules.

You will have to take and pay for the bridging module required if you choose to continue your studies with BBA. If you wish to transfer the first instalment of $856 paid for BBA to any of our other degree programs, we will be glad to do so."

Without further evidences? Most of the things were verbally communicated! So, how do I "have" evidences? I do have an email sent to Citibank HR in March 08, clearly stating the course I am interested in is Bachelor of Business Admin (BBA). I was seeking their advice then, wanting to ensure the degree course I'm going to take is recognised by the bank. Too bad, this "proof" is not good enough for me to justify my case.

And the "best" part is, the senior consultant said she will "try her best" to get a waiver of the bridging module for me after hearing my case. When the email was sent by her, it was a blunt "you will have to take and PAY for the bridging module..."

Well well. I decided NO WAY am I going to continue my degree program with KAPLAN.

Because:

1. Misleading information given to me prior to signing up for the Advanced Dip program.
2. Irresponsible staffs, who just shrinked away from taking responsibility...
3. Three different consultants giving three different advises. I wonder are they from the same company???
4. Advising student to take an "Adv Dip" program when the student can already gain direct entry to a degree program. How worse can it get?
5. Sales-oriented, instead of meeting the need of the student.

我真得很生气 !!! 太过分了!!!

Well, life still goes on. It's not the end of everything!

The dream of a degree will still go on. In fact, I do have a desire of getting a MBA too! :)

Looking forward to the day when Mad, Wen, 姐夫 and myself in convocation gowns taking a studio picture with my parents! We are going to hang it nicely on the wall! It will be a nice picture, with Samuel, Daniel and maybe Esther. Hee.... Maybe, got some other "people" too. Wahaha... :)

Every experience is a lesson learnt. So definitely I will learn from this.

So, if there's a next time, MUST ensure:

1. Seek the advices from few consultants, cos you will be surprised that different standards actually exist!!

2. Get a "black & white" written, signed off by the consultant whom you speak to. So in case next time there is a dispute and they ask for "proof", you have it and watch their jaws drop!!

Yah. I am sarcastic I know. But it's true! Protect yourself! :)

Ok. I am feeling much better!.. Blogged whatever that is in my heart.

Now, I just want to concentrate on clearing my LAST module : Computing/Data Management. Then, get my Advanced Dip cert! To think positively... I am going to have a higher cert! Yeah!

Hair is getting dry! It's 2.45am!.. I better get some rest now.

Even though bad things do happen to good people, life is still very beautiful... because my God is always there! :)


No comments: