Saturday, December 08, 2007

.. Citibank ..

(Front row from left: Gwen, Christina, Yvonne, Mandy, Jaslin)
(Back row from left: Sue, ME!, Ee-Wei, Eddy, Derran)

Recently took a picture with my team during Christina's birthday and I think it is a nice picture! :)

Just came back from compliance leave on Monday and my team leader went on leave. So, once again, I got to stand in as her back-up & take care of the whole team's operation..

Last time I quite dread it cos the responsibility was really great and the team was rather problematic. We experienced "MC crisis" frequently, and many of the people were just not committed enough. With Serena's away, I got to cover more things... Sometimes I just preferred to be left alone & do my own work efficiently..

But, I thank God for changing my mind-set recently... For quite a while I felt a sense of being "short-changed" and taken for granted for the huge responsibility placed upon me. I'm just an "AS", but doing the work of an "AM"... At times just felt rather frustrated...

God spoke to me one day. I began to see it as a privilege. His favor & grace are indeed upon my life. What an opportunity it was in fact. The Bible says God will not allow us to go through something which we cannot handle. I did really learn a lot through all the experiences. If I just sat there doing my "normal" work, I knew, I will not learn as much as what I would had learnt than now...

People management is indeed not easy. Communication skills and relationship skills must be there. I felt there was a breakthrough this week between my team members and me. As I shared with them my views, they really co-operated and got the work done & target achieved. I was very encouraged. :)

Our boss sent us an email on Friday, praising us for our teamwork & spirit. In the past, AO Team was the most problematic team. Today, we were praised. :)

Short-changed or not, it doesn't matter anymore. Because, at the end of the day, God is good. He will reward according to the hard work that was sown.

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap."

I pray I will have a great testimony to share soon in the days to come.

You are faithful, You are faithful.
You are faithful, Your joy is my strength

No comments: