Tuesday, October 02, 2007

.. Isaiah 55:8 ..

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine."

Fish 2

I really really want to testify of God's goodness. Pls have the patience to read this through!

This verse indeed came alive! Teethy

Last week was really an intense week in my office.

Due to human error, my dept suffered 2 losses, which added up to about 2 thousand dollars.

My manager was very very upset.. Guess she's in very difficult position too. Year end coming soon, and this will not help to position herself to "fight" for our increments & bonuses next year..

Then guess what?!!

Came a 3rd case! A customer wanted to purchase $30,000 worth of Unit Trust (UT) fund, but due to the "horrific"handwriting of the banker, my colleague perceived it as $80,000! The deal was authorised by another fellow colleague, and the deal was put through!..


The next day, this case was brought up as the customer wanted to subscribe another UT fund, but could not due to "insufficient" funds in his account. My heart nearly stopped as once again, it involved my team, and this could possibly resulted in yet another loss??...

We got a lashing from 1 of our team leaders. The difference of the price that day was 8 cents drop, and they calculated the loss was $4,000. She commented that if the dept kept on losing money like this, we can forget about our bonuses & increments next year! When I heard that, I bind that man! I told God this WILL not happen as I need the finances to fulfill the building fund that I'm going to pledge in this coming Arise & Build! I KNOW that indeed it shall not happen! God will provide.. He is Jehovah Jireh! :)

I gathered some Christian colleagues to pray together over this. We prayed that the price will go up the next day as the extra $50,000 UT fund could not be redeemed that day. By faith we claimed that the price will go up so that we could earn profit and even cover the amount of the previous losses we incurred. Wow! Ambitious faith right??

Guess what? The next day, I checked the system, the price dropped a further 1 cent! My heart dropped....... I called Shi Fu & told her..... "Drop leh... 1 cent.. sigh... hmmmm... there must be a purpose one... there must be a purpose!......"

I went to my team leader and told her the drop. I thought the loss was $4,500 by now.

Guess what?

Firstly. She told me. They (team leaders) actually counted the amount wrongly. Instead of $4,500, the loss was actually less than $500!! Wah, $500 only! That's a HUGE difference lor! I broke into laughter, but I was really really relieved.

I told Shi Fu about it, and we both flipped lor. Their wrong calculation gave us such a shock lor!.. :P

Anyway, then came the 2nd piece of good news. My team leader called up the branch banking manager (BBM) of that banker with that horrible hand-writing. If you know this BBM, she is well-known for being so nasty lo! But that day, she just seemed not to be herself and told my team leader that no problem, her branch will absorb that loss!.. Wow! I tell you, all my colleagues were stunningly shocked cos we all know how nasty she is!.. Yet now, she agreed to take responsibility over this??

My conviction: God can change the hearts of men. :)

So, at least, we can be a little relieved & "happier" cos the loss was covered...

Then, due to some FUNNY reason, that UT fund just could not be redeemed. Thus we don't really know the actual pricing per unit. Shi Fu knew that this delay must have a purpose one...

The price of that fund over that few days:

$10.03 (Tues)
$9.95 (Wed)
$9.94 (Thurs)
$10.02 (Friday)

The redemption deal was finally put through last Friday. The price will be based on coming Monday's rate. When we checked the price on Monday, it had shot up to $10.16! WoW! That's a lot! As a result, we earned a profit of nearly $700. At least helped to cover a partial of the loss we incurred earlier.

Today I checked the rate again. It was $10.06.

Can you see it?? Can you really see how PERFECT TIMING played such an important role in this whole incident??

I really believe that God was working throughout this whole saga because we seeked Him and prayed to Him.

I am really really encouraged. Felt so touched by the goodness of God. Indeed when we make mistakes, sometimes there is really NOTHING we can do to rectify anything. Some things are just OUT OF OUR CONTROL, just like this case. But GOD, saves the day. He is always in CONTROL. :)

I felt this whole thing opens my team leader's heart towards God. Today she came over & chatted with me. We were talking about this case. And I shared with her how much I really believe that God helped to turn the situation around. She agreed. I claim her salvation in the days ahead in Jesus' name. :)

Sometimes we pray. But prayers are not answered according to what we have prayed. We may get discouraged. Sometimes we wonder, God, Why? Why like that?

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine."

Friends, let us always learn to trust God no matter what situation we may be in. Let us always have faith that all things will indeed work out for good to those who love God.

Forsaking
All
I
Trust
Him

He knows the perfect timing. And He knows what is BEST for us.

Amen.

1 comment:

I am, I will M.A.D. said...

WOW!!! I am very encouraged!!
Keep on shining for Jesus!
I want to post this post in my blog to inspire my members!