Monday, February 09, 2009

.. God is really with me ..

I really really want to testify God's goodness & grace upon my life.

Finally I managed to secure a permanent accommodation in Adelaide just 2 days ago. Initially I planned to look for a perm place to stay only when I reached Adelaide as the IDP consultant advised me to do so. She mentioned that not many people go to Adelaide as compared to other cities like Sydney & Melbourne. So she said will be rather easy for me to find accommodation and I can look at the surrounding & living conditions too. Sounds logical to me... So I booked a temporary accommodaton.

But just 1-2 weeks ago, I felt a prompting in my heart to start looking for perm accommodation. There was just this "un-rest" in my heart. So I sent a few emails out to few hostels, and guess what? All of them replied me that the hostels are already full. I really started to panick a little man!..

I sent out few more emails and 2 came back to me saying they have 1 room available. But one's rental is too expensive (AUD$200/week), and the other had a very bad review on the internet. In a way thank God because I actually wanted to make the AUD$300 deposit already, but the person didn't reply my email. And I subsequently happened to come across that review on Google!

To cut the story short, i requested to be placed on waiting list for 2 hostels. And on Fri night, this person from a hostel replied me this:

"
Hello Elaine,

A vacancy just turn up. One student cannot continue due to personnel problems.

the room available is at AUD 125 per week, fully furnished etc, etc, etc.

If you want it please reply ASAP.

There is a waiting list, I am giving you first preference.

If you are late in your reply, it will be gone.

Albert
"

So I quickly replied, I want it please keep it for me!..

Thank God for His grace!... This is the hostel that I actually wanted very much to stay in. There are 5 Singaporeans staying there, and all of them had stayed for more than a year already. So I guess the place should be a pretty fine place to stay in.

The next amazing thing is this...

When I attended the IDP's pre-departure seminar earlier in Jan, I came to know this girl, Biyu when I signed up at the UniSA's Overseas Christian Fellowship. We were exchanging a few emails recently. And I just got to know, she is also staying in this hostel!..

Thank God for His prompting... It is really a good feeling to know that there are fellow Singaporeans around where I am going to stay.. And someone whom I had met previously.

I'm just so gald that I had found a perm accommodation. I can leave with a more peaceful heart as things are more settled now. God is really so good. He is really with me! :)

Last but not least, the hostel owner Albert, whom Biyu calls him Uncle Albert, he seems like a very humorous elder... I sent him an email yesterday asking him are the utilities charges included in the weekly rent. Just want to confirm as some hostels have separate charges for utilities. And this was his reply:

"
Hello Elaine,

Weekly rental includes sensible use of utilities. Sensible use means switching off lights, air-con when going for lectures, shopping, visiting,etc. switching off lights after bathing, after cooking, eating, if you are the last person there; turning off the gas after cooking.

Turning off water taps after use. There are students who switch on lights, turn on gas, water and leave without turning these thing OFF. They think their grandmother is just behind them to turn these things off.

WASTAGE is NOT INCLUDED in the rental.

These are not made up stories but seen with my own eyes.

Those students were given the boot.

Albert
"

He's quite funny isn't it? Hee hee.. I hope my stay with this hostel will be an enjoyable one. :)

God is good... All the time!

No comments: