Sunday, February 24, 2008

.. Philippian 4:13 ..

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
我 靠 着 那 加 给 我 力 量 的 , 凡 事 都 能 做 。

This verse is always 1 of the convictions of my life. And it will forever be.

I remembered the very 1st time I kept confessing this verse was a couple of years ago, when I was doing my Dip in Computer studies. I was revising for my Computing Maths subject where I just could not seem to understand the binary thingy. So I took a break, walked about, prayed in tongues and kept confessing this verse to myself. And indeed, the Holy Spirit opened my eyes and gave me the grace to understand what it was all about. When my Computing Maths test result was released, I was the only 1 in my class to score 100%. The teacher even said that my paper was the "model" answer for them to refer to. Ha.. Anyway, praise God for that. :)

Anyway, this verse worked for me once again as i prayed & kept confessing this promise of God to myself. I went for my practical driving lesson 2 yesterday. When I went for my 1st lesson last Sat, the clutch, the brake & the accelerator really drove me crazy. It just seemed so hard to co-ordinate them!.. And I thought I did step on the brake pedal??.. The instructor had to "brake" the car for me a couple of times. Hee.. then the car "died" a few times because of the poor co-ordination of my feet on the clutch & the accelerator.. But thank God the instructor was very very patient... If it was that ex-private instructor of mine, my ears got to "suffer" again... Anyway, I think it is a GOOD decision to learn driving via school, cos it's really more systematic & detailed. Of course, there is a PRICE to pay lah....... nevertheless, thank God cos my beloved Da Jie is blessing me for this! She is indeed a prosperous woman.. Haha.. well, I really appreciate her love for me and the whole family... :)

Back to lesson 2, miraculously, it went on smoothly! The co-ordination was so much better and my braking improved! Of cos there were still a few times where the braking was not so good, sometimes too far, sometimes too near. Car "died" 2 times only! hee.. comparing to last Sat where I had to keep restarting the engine. :P

I really want to thank God for it.. cos after the 3 lessons with the private instructor, I really experienced a bit of a phobia towards driving manual car. And the lesson 1 last Sat was not very smooth either. I was telling Shi Fu maybe I should just go for the auto car instead... But of cos Shi Fu "rebuked" me and encouraged me lo.. hoho.. Shi Fu is also very fierce sometimes leh, don't play play with her... :P

Looking forward to learn more in the days to come! I am praying that indeed this year i will get my driving license. Yeah. Got a goal to work towards to too. Took the lift with my dad yesterday and I told him I am learning driving now. And I said, will plan, and maybe the next chinese new year, we do not have to take taxi anymore. I can drive them around. My dad laughed. Well, I think it is a GOOD goal to aim for! Yeah!

God is good. And indeed His promises work in our lives every single day.

You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you too.

Don't ever give up.

;)

No comments: